Tuesday 26 October 2010

CWC Club News 23.10.10

We had a great day at the club on Saturday with 3 excellent looking games on the go and I didn't bother to take my camera down!

Game 1: Young David and Martin had a huge Lord of the Rings battle with hordes of Urik?(Large Orks with big sticks) and regiments of Riders of Rohan and loads of other figures. Not sure what the result was?

Game 2: Was I think the best looking ACW game I have seen down at the club with David P Senior and John M taking on the might of the North (Lanarkshire) David C.

Game 2: JP and myself fought out a brilliant game of naps. His massed French ranks trying to knock my Prussians from the field. I think JP will agree this was my best tactical game yet. JP had Superior cavalry and I managed to hold up his flanks while concentrating the majority of my troops on his main thrust. It was a hard fought draw which was a very good result for myself. It had a real feel of an 1813 battle with loads of hard fighting and grinding down of troops with no clear victory..

Next week . . .
Jon B and myself will be playing Naps again as he slowly builds up his British force and gets into the rules and JP, John M and David P will be DBMin (Sassanids I think?). I don't know what the rest of the guys will be doing so email around and see what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment